10th International Symposium:
AND CLIMATE ACTION
BEST WESTERN MONTREAL AIRPORT HOTEL
6500 COTE DE LIESSE, MONTREAL, QC
A NEED FOR ACTION
Climate change is one of the greatest challenges of our time. It is a threat to the preservation of life, with impacts capable of undermining the ability of countries to achieve Social Development Goals.
Children Now is of the firm conviction that thought leaders around the world have a compelling obligation and duty to urgently address these climate change challenges. It is out of this realization that Children Now decided to organize this symposium which will bring together global thought leaders. It is expected that practical and actionable initiatives will be developed from the symposium proceedings.
A MISSION AND VISION FOR THE FUTURE
The vision for the symposium is a healthy planet earth that can sustain life, especially human life, in perpetuity.
The mission is to develop youth leadership for climate action and inspire every human being to participate in protecting the environment.
The symposium aims to address:
- The need to encourage and maintain human behavior which is consistent with environmental conservation efforts.
- Suggest and encourage actions which are supportive and sensitive to the preservation of life in general.
- Support consumption and livelihood patterns which are sensitive, respective and supportive to the future generations.
- Outline areas in which governments, academia and other stakeholders can engage in placing the concerns of the youth and children at the center of environmental conservation efforts. A possibility of a pilot program to inculcate youth and children into a culture that is sympathetic and sensitive to environmental conservation issues could form a part of the discussion. It will be a unique opportunity to share the knowledge, increase the awareness and deepen the discussion on climate change issues.
Overall topics that will be discussed throughout the duration of the symposium include:
- Climate change and action - a global scenario
- Adapting to climate change - solutions and best practices
- Barriers to implementing climate change solutions
- Government policies and individual actions
- Education and corporate social responsibility
- Developing a climate action plan and charter of responsibilities
- Food and agriculture
- Resilient communities
Meet the team
RICAARDOE DI DONE
Ricaardoe Di Done is Chair of the Youth Leadership and Climate Action Committee. He is a successful former businessman and developer and has been a committed children’s rights activist provincially, nationally and internationally for over 30 years. He is the founder of the Organization for the Protection of Children’s Rights and is chief executive officer of Children Now. He has committed his career to advancing and protecting the interests of children. Ricaardoe is a passionate advocate for youth leadership and empowerment, and climate action to reduce the emissions of greenhouse gases that cause disastrous global warming. He is taking steps to proactively educate our youth and the general public about climate change and is unequivocal about the importance of leaving a healthy planet for our children.